Sunday, July 6, 2008

Promises, Promises

I know I said I would try to post at least 2 times a week, however, it's summer and we have just been crazy busy! So, I am going to try to start posting more. I can't PROMISE all of you anything though!

Alright, I am going to try to recap what has been going on in our household since the last time I posted. I am trying to remember...thank goodness for the camera without it I think I would have forgotten a lot!!

This was few weeks back. I won tickets from WMUS to see Dierks Bentley! Not only did I win tickets but a wonderful meal at Burger King! Thanks to my mom for coming to my house to watch the kids so Mike and I could go to the concert! We had a great time. And NO we did not go to Burger King for dinner. I told Mike if we have a babysitter he is not taking me to Burger King! We ended up going to The Station. We absolutely love that place! I have never had a bad meal or service from there. Although the concert had a rain delay, it was still great! It was nice to get out and have a few drinks and catch up with some old friends!

The next day we took the kids to the parade in downtown Muskegon! Ryan loves any kind of parade. He loves to get candy and he loves it when there are BIG trucks and fire trucks in the parade. He was scared of the big dragon from Art Van. Oh, and very scared of Furious Fred. But he is kinda scary to me too, so I can only imagine what is going through a 3 year olds mind! Madison did really well. I was a little worried about the noise, but it didn't bother her one bit. She sat on my lap and waved to EVERYONE! It was so cute.
Here is Daddy and Madison waiting for the parade to start!
The next picture is of Mike, Ryan, and my nephew Austin looking down the road to see if the parade was coming!



Ryan and Madison have been outside every second they can! We love to play outside. Ryan's new nickname is Dirtball! I swear this kid rolls in the dirt. I have to remind him constantly that he needs to keep his shoes on. Madison is the same way. Once I put her in the sand box the shoes come off...I guess she likes to feel the sand between her toes! Mike keeps saying he needs to add more sand to the sand box. I told him all I have to do is redeposit the sand from what the kids bring in the house and we wouldn't lose any sand. There is sand everywhere in my house!! Here is monkey boy Ryan! He is becoming really brave on the swing set. Makes me so nervous...we really need a padded ground!!

This next picture is now one of my favorites. Ryan is really getting into pretend play. He has been using my watering can and using it to put "yellow oil" into his car. (remember this is all pretend) You should here him say yellow oil, it really is the greatest.....it's so hard for hm to say. I will have to video tape him on time so everyone can enjoy what he is saying as much as I do. Anyway, back to the picture, Madison and Ryan are looking under the hood of lightening McQueen. Madison is pointing at something and it looks like Ryan is trying to figure out what is "wrong". It's just so stinkin' cute! I just love it!

I hope everyone is still with me. I guess I should have warned everyone it was going to be long! I think I will skip a few things and get to the 4th of July! We went to my parent's house in Ludington for the 4th. Ludington always has a great parade, and the last 2 years we have went, House of Flavors has given out FREE ICE CREAM, not just a little cup, a PINT of ice cream! We are always excited about getting our free ice cream. The parade was great and we had a good view. The parade started at 2, and I think Mike and I went down to down our blanket and chairs around 10:30. Which was really late I guess, because we were almost at the end of the parade. But we had a place where the kids could still have a "front row" seat and still get their candy! (not to mention the free ice cream!) Yeah, let's get back to the ice cream.....it never came! They didn't give out any ice cream! Mike was completely bummed. He brought a big cooler just so he could fill it up! Luckily we didn't tell the kids about it, because they would have been bummed! Here are a few pictures of our day. More pictures of the rest of the weekend to come later...It's late, I'm tired and I am sure all of you have had enough!!
Me and the kids at the parade in Ludington. Madison loved the beads! Papa showing Ryan the horse poop in the road! Yes, the finer things in life! Grammie and Miss Madison! Madison loved the parade again! Daddy and the kiddos! As you can see Ryan is trying to sneak a drink of Mike's pop!

2 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

I am so glad that you and mike had an official date night and enjoyed the concert!
Madison has grown so much since the last time we saw her!
I say next year we need to do the Grandville prade with all of the kids (Emma, Luke, Madison, Austin, Ryan)...we went this year and my co-workers son, Conner, filled up a Target bag full of candy and the parade was over an hour and a half long...it's the one that we used to go when Annie and I were kids (we lived right on Wilson)...
thanks for posting and have a great week!
love ya!

Lisa said...

I love all your pictures! The one of the kids trying to fix the car is priceless! Sounds like your family had a great 4th of July. That's a bummer about the no ice cream thing, but I got a good chuckle about how your husband came prepared with the cooler and had to leave empty handed! LOL I'm jealous that you won them tickets. My work was doing a ton of drawings that week and giving away tickets and I so wanted to win some to that concert. No such luck =(