Thursday, June 19, 2008

Long Time Gone.....



WHEW....it's been awhile! I have not had a chance to do much blogging in the last week! It's been one thing right after another, and the next 4 weeks are the same way! Too much stuff to do and not enough time! Let's rewind to Father's Day weekend! We had a great weekend! Had a cookout for our Dads on Saturday afternoon and then Mike had his day on Sunday! Ryan picked out Carnival Games for the Wii for Mike for Father's Day. Hmmm.....was it for Dad or was it for Ryan! To my surprise they both love it! I enjoy playing it too! However, it's pretty sad when a 3 year old can beat me at these games...I just have to practice more when he is sleeping! Happy Father's Day Mike! Thanks for giving me 2 great healthy kids!! Love ya!


I am busting my butt to get things together for Madison's b-day party, which is in 3 weeks! I cannot believe she is going to be 1! I can't believe how much planning and preparing needs to be done for a child's birthday day party! But it is her first and a very important one! Speak of the devil, I hear her waking up from her nap...I think it's a new record she slept for about 45 minutes! Anyone have tips on how to get her to take a longer afternoon nap, I am so open to suggestions!!
Here are a two random pictures:
Madison going in for the full open, full tongue kiss! She really loves her dog, Tucker!
Ryan playing with his ESPN Better Batter Baseball! He LOVES this little machine!

3 comments:

jennie said...

All of my kids have learned to sleep better with a sound machine. They have all been light sleepers at some point and for some reason the "waterfall" button on the sound machine drowns out all other noise in the house and keeps them out longer. At 1 year Grady was taking 2 naps, over 1 hour in the AM and 3 hours in the afternoon. He still takes that 3 hour nap and sleep great at night!

Shelly said...

I love the picture of your daughter and the dog, I have no idea about the nap thing, Lea's little guy won't nap for me, maybe Jennie's suggestion will work for both of us.

Amanda: said...

Oh wow... one year old already!! Time flies!!! Hope you have a great time with her party!

Take care!!!!