Monday, July 28, 2008

Planning for Disney World

We have decided to take the kids to Disney World the first week of February. I am so excited to be able to take Ryan...and Madison too, but I think Ryan will get a little more out of it! Don't get me wrong Madison will have a blast, but probably won't remember much!
Well if you know Disney, you know you have to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner reservations 6 months in advance, if you want to eat at sit down restaurant. Since we have the little ones, we are doing many Character Dinings. So, I was up late last night "planning" when and where we are going to eat. You know how hard it is to plan when and where you are going to eat 6 months ahead, especially when you have to worry about 2 kids. (3 if you include Mike) So I think I FINALLY have an itinerary. I love being organized and love being in control, but this was a little much for me. I am trying to be the person who doesn't always have to be in control and just let things happen, but I haven't made it to that point yet. So for right now the schedule works, and I will have to call in a few days to make the reservations. Now in 6 months will this schedule still work?? I don't even want to think about it!!! I just need to relax and realize that most of the vacation is now planned and all I have to do is go and enjoy the time with my family!
Kristin~Thanks so much for putting up with all my "Disney" questions. I really appreciate all your help! It saved me lots of time, I saved all your e mails and referred back to them many times!! Thanks again!!! =)

Not much else going on here on the homefront. Mike is taking a few days off this week and we are going to Michigan's Adventure and the Zoo. Ryan asked me if we need to take a plane to Michigan Adventure like we need to take a plane to Disney World. So cute!! (we drive by Michigan's Adventure almost everyday..so I have no idea why he is thinking this!!) I will be sure to post some pictures later in the week!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

Hey!
let me know if you need any pixiedust magic in making some reservations for dining - we have friends in that department...
Also, we are heading down over Christmas as usual... so I can help scope things out as well! I will be in NM on August 9 - want me to bring some planning videos and other goodies? you know you can always call/email with any questions!
jen

Kristin said...

I am glad I could help. Any additional info that you may need, please let me know. You guys (Madison included) are going to have a wonderful time. Disney is one of those vacations that you have to have things planned...at least the food. Once you are there, cut loose and be fancy free:)!!!!

Shelly said...

you guys are going to have so much fun, my kids always ask when we are going back, you will make wonderful family memories together.

jennie said...

I know all your planning will be SO worth it, just dont get pregnant...LOL!