Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dear Santa.....

I know it's getting time when you are going to be getting a ton of wish lists from many kids. Well, when you get Ryan and Madison's list please consider these photos before full filling their wishes.





These kids have just about every toy Fisher Price makes. Believe it or not, Ryan is always complaining about never having any toys to play with. The kids could start their own band with all the instruments they have. (I must say Madison is pretty good on the piano) Remember Santa, this is only the stuff we have upstairs. Our basement and our garage is full of toys! I don't know why you would bring all these toys for Ryan and Madison each year! It just amazes me! So this year please downsize everything! Maybe a couple cars for Ryan and a couple dolls for Madison. So when you get their list or when they sit on your lap and tell you what they want, just remember these pictures!

7 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

Can I come over and play?? It looks like so much fun!
you should have a toy swap with Annie!

Amanda: said...

Oh, we have that SAME problem at my house!!!! And we don't have NEARLY enough room for everything the boys own. You should see how many boxes I've sent up to Rick's store!!!!!!!! I need to think of an alternative gift instead of more toys. Maybe movie tickets, or Chuck E Cheese tokens or something like that...

Not your Happily Ever After said...

I think you need to have a yard sale. Or do like I do and pack up some toys in a couple storage container and put them away. Then I swap them with the ones they are currently playing with. I do this about every three months. It's like they have new toys all of the time! But yeah seriously... have a yard sale.

Kristin said...

Why does Santa listen so good to our kids, but didn't listen when we were little:)? We too fir into this catagory or WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!!! I try ot rotate stock like Colleen suggested, but in the last year or so we have just started to eliminate. The rule for Christmas this year is NO PIECES...I hate pieces to things...why can't it just be one big piece????? Our biggest problem is we have no where to put all the stuff...our house is just to tiny!!!!

Love the pictures and can relate...put a good word in for with Santa (actually have Ryan and Madison) you guys must be pretty high on his list!!! I am not to concerned about the TenBrink kids this year...they ALL have been naughty:)!!!!

hien k. d. said...

this post is so funny, Mandy. :) i love it, makes me laugh.

Grammy Chris said...

HI MANDY, MIKE, RYAN AND MADISON, LOVE YOUR BLOG, I KNOW YOU INSPIRED ANGIE TO DO ONE, AND I LOVER HERS, THEN ANGIE INSPIRED JULIE A FRIEND FROM HIGH SCHOOL, AND SO ON AND SO ON.. WHAT YOUR BLOG DID FOR ME WAS TO REALIZE I WAS BUYING THE KIDS TOO MANY TOYS, AND NONSENSE THINGS. WE WILL BUY THEM A FEW TOYS FOR CHRISTMAS, AND WE PLAN ON BUYING OR MAKING THEM A MAJOR ORGANIZATIONAL ITEM. KEEP THE GOOD PICS COMING, AND ALL THE CUTE STORIES.. LOVE THEM AUNT CHRIS

Lisa said...

I can so relate Mandy!! I bet it was fun cleaning that up? And then turn around and do it again...about 4 more time that day and then again the next!! =)LOL