Sunday, February 8, 2009

Home From Disney World!

Well, we finally made it home. Everything went pretty uneventful and we had a great time! The kids LOVED everything. Ryan did excellent with all the characters. Madison had no problems what so ever! She pretty much ran the show the whole time we were there. We had to keep buying her popcorn to keep her happy! Although, I don't think I will ever be able to get her in a stroller again, EVER! The parks were not crowded..I think the longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes! Not bad at all! I just cannot believe how rude people were there! I know there are rude people all over but at Disney World it was overpopulated with rude people! I just loved how people tried to act like they didn't understand English either! Amazing! I thought they would understand Excuse Me, but when that failed "MOVE" was the word they understood better! Oh well, they did not ruin our vacation!
This trip we decided not to rent a car and use the transportation provided by Disney. I think the next time we go we will go back to renting a car. The transportation was not bad, but after a long day, you just want to get back. One example of it being extremely frustrating was when we were going to the Magic Kingdom for a second day. We waited outside for the bus forever. As we waited, 4 buses for Hollywood Studios came in (no one was waiting to get on), 2 for Epcot, 3 for Downtown Disney, 2 for Animal Kingdom and none for Magic Kingdom. There were about 100 people waiting for the Magic Kingdom bus, but no bus came. I think we waited about 30 minutes for a bus! This was the last day of our vacation, so we were spent and very frustrated and I think everyone was ready to go home!
The weather started out warm. We had one day of rain, but luckily that was the day we went to EPCOT. The weather did get colder as the week went on. I think by Thursday the kids were wearing hats and mittens. It didn't stop us, we kept going, and the kids did not complain one bit!
I think instead of blogging in one big post, I will post each park we went to as a new post and include pictures from each. That way it will be easier for me remember everything I need to remember.

2 comments:

jennie said...

Awesome!
Can't wait to see the pics:)

So happy that the weather held out(for the most part) And that you got to come home to 40 degrees! Wahoo!

Theresa said...

MOVE!!! I love it!!! that is so funny! I would have been "very Frustrated" also! Cannot wait to read all about your trip...and like Jennie said...welcome home to 40 degrees!