Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting Ready....

Well it has been awhile since my last post. Things have been crazy busy around here. I noticed I didn't even blog about our Christmas morning! Well it's been a month, and I will just say, we had a great Christmas. Santa was very good to everyone!
We have been very busy this last couple weeks. We have been getting ready for our vacation and then of course everything seems to go wrong or something happens right before we go or do anything. This time it was Mike's car. The transmission decided to go out. We needed to get a new one...so after a week of being in the shop and $1700.00 later, the car is back on the road. Last week, I had to get the kids up at 5:45 am and pack them up and take Mike to work. We had to do this for 3 days. The kids did great, did not complain one bit. It was very cold and made for a very long day! I think going on vacation really kept me from being put in a mental hospital. It was a very stressful week!
So here we are a few days before our trip, I have already started packing. I thought it would be easy, but with the kids, it's a little harder, especially with Madison. Diapers and wipes and all the "baby stuff". Ryan was easy to pack, he actually helped me and had so much fun! I had fun watching him! We were right on track and everything was going according to schedule! Then I get a call that someone wants to come through the house. Which in this terrible market, is great. But we have not had ANYONE through in about 6 months, so why now...I really didn't want to have to reorganize all the toys this week, but it looks like I have to. The frustrating thing is nothing is probably going to come out of this, but it might, and that small possibility keeps me trying to think positive! Oh well, DISNEY WORLD IN 3 DAYS!! That is keeping me sane!!

3 comments:

Amanda: said...

I didn't realize your house was up for sale! Good luck with that!! Where is it, exactly?

Have a great time at Disney! If all goes well, we'll be heading down to Florida on February 7th to see my sister who lives in Largo (Tampa area).

The idea of spending a week vegging on the Gulf of Mexico sounds like HEAVEN to me right now. Hopefully things will all work out and we'll be on our way southward soon!!

jennie said...

well look at you blogging! You never know about a showing. Just think if you had said "no, its a crazy week. Another time." You would be going crazy with the what-ifs. And now you'll have a semi-still-organized house to come home to.

Kristin said...

Just think...you are getting all the "yucky" out of the way in two weeks...now only good things are going to happen.

Can't wait to see all the Disney pictures on your "up to date" blog:)!!!!