Monday, February 9, 2009

EPCOT

On Monday we decided we would go to EPCOT for the day! Before going to the park we had breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's. The kids were so excited. Madison just fell in love with Goofy, so whenever she would see Goofy we had to meet him. I think she got his autograph 5 times! Ryan was excited about meeting Pluto! He became one of Ryan's favorites. At Chef Mickey's we were eating breakfast with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald. The breakfast was delicious! We really enjoyed it! The kids really enjoyed the Mickey Mouse shaped waffles! MMMMMM...






Grammie and Austin at Chef Mickey's!


After breakfast we took the monorail to Epcot. We heard rain was in store for the day, so we got everything outside out of the way before the rain! Lucky we did because we got lots of rain. I think we left around 1:30 and went back to the hotel for naps. We all needed naps. I think everyone slept for at least 2 hours! After our naps we headed down to Downtown Disney to do some more shopping and to eat dinner at the T-Rex Cafe. This was Ryan and Austin's choice. Very cool restaurant. I think we had to wait about 30 minutes for a table. While we waited the boys built a dinosaur. It was just like Build a Bear, but with Dinosaurs instead! Madison and I shopped some more and read books to pass the time! After a great meal we hit the stores again at Downtown Disney. Jason even had to stop at an ice cream shop to get some ice cream. It was 8 scoops of ice cream, every topping, whipped cream, and cherries! It cost him 30 bucks and he ate it all! WOW!



Jason's ice cream....Yes he did eat it all!



He was in heaven!!

Grammie and Ryan at T-Rex Cafe. I think everywhere we went he had to sit by his Grammie!!

Madison posing with Sleeping Beauty!

I am glad we decided to do EPCOT on a rainy day because there is so much to do inside. We did a lot of rides that were inside. We took the kids to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It was a 3-D movie. Ryan and I were the first ones out. It was too scary for him. Next came My mom and Austin, I guess a snake came out and scared Austin, so he was done. Next came Jason and Mike with Madison. They just came out because everyone else was out.



I think this was one of the only pictures I got of all three kids looking at the camera and smiling!

I don't know if I would go to EPCOT again, but then again, we really did give it a chance because we left early because of the rain. Maybe next time the weather will be better so we can enjoy it more!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Last year was the first year that we enjoyed Epcot, I think it was because of our kids ages. I think it is more for the older kids.. I would try it again when they are a bit older. OMG your I can't believe that your brother ate all that Ice cream, he is so crazy!!!

jennie said...

For real, the kids didnt help him?
That boy is crazy. $30? He could have bought a good bottle of vodka!

Teagen is loving your disney post. she keeps asking me to see more. And she is waiting for Minnie. Just a suggestion.
;)

Kristin said...

I am so glad that you guys made it back safely and had a good time...minus the weather!!! I can't believe no one helped your brother with that icecream...me and my kids would have been ALL over that!!!!
Keep the great pictures and stories coming...I LOVE them all!!!!

Lea said...

We didn't do Epocot with the boys because of their ages, but Tom and I have been there before. Reading all of your posts is getting me more and more excited about going back next year!! (Although - that also means I need to get my butt in gear for the 5K we're entered in!!)

Mya said...

SERIOUSLY $30 bucks for ice cream. Do you know how many gallons of ice cream he could have purchased. WOW - sure did look good but I most certainly would have shared. Can't believe he didn't get a tummy ache. LOL