Monday, September 1, 2008

Playing catch up.......AGAIN

Well here it is the unofficial end of summer and I am playing catch up on the blog again! Things just got real busy and I haven't had a lot of time to actually sit down and post. So...I am going to blog some of the events that have taken place in the last month...yes Mike just informed me tonight that I did not have a post in the whole month of August. These events are in no particular order...heck I don't think I can remember which came first.


Michigan's Adventure


Mike took a couple days off of work so we could take the kids to Michigan's Adventure. We made it to Michigan's Adventure and had a blast. The kids had a really good time. Ryan wanted to ride all the rides, even the roller coasters. Of course, he was not tall enough, so we had to stick to the "baby rides". He really had a good time. He took me on the log ride and then he wanted to take Daddy on it too.


These pictures were taken from very far away, so they are not the best quality. But you get the point. Ryan looks like he is really scared, but he actually LOVED it! He also took us on the pirate ship (I think that is what it is called) and I really think getting old is taking a toll on me. I use to be able to handle all of these rides, and after this one, I felt a little queasy.

Ryan did a great job taking care of Madison on the rides. He really felt important when we asked him if he would take care of her on the ride. This is unusual because he usually does not want much to do with her at home. This just goes to show that he really DOES love her.




Ryan was the boss though, there were certain things Madison could NOT touch. That was the bells and all the buttons on the rides. This was his job! She did get her way a couple times though.

I think Madison had more fun in the water park. Ryan was just he opposite. Ryan was very scared of the water. I don't know where this is coming from because we have had this kid in swimming since 6 months old. But I guess as kids get older they develop fears. Water, I guess is one of his fears. He has come around a lot this summer though. Madison on the other hand had NO FEAR. She loves the water and just thought she could take off and go! She even liked to drink the water. I guess she likes the taste of chlorine!


Just look at this pouty boy! He said he was done swimming and wanted to take a NAP!! That really tells you how much fun he had in the water park!! hahahaha....gotta love Ryan!!! We really had a great time and it works out great that the park is only 5 minutes from home. At the end of the day a 5 minute drive home is great!!!

1 comments:

Theresa said...

I bet they fell asleep on that 5 minute ride home too!!! I know BEN would have! Looks like you had some great times this summer! Thanks for sharing!n oh yeah I like the picture of you and Ryan on the LOG RIDE!!!