Monday, September 1, 2008

End of summer Zoo trip



It was getting towards the end of summer and we realized we had not taken the kids to the zoo yet. So we decided to go to Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek over Labor Day weekend. Mike and I were very excited to get away for a few days. (even if it was only to Battle Creek) We had been getting things together all week. On Thursday I went to go get into the van. I opened the passenger side door and noticed that the glove compartment was open and stuff was all over the seat. I thought, why in the heck was mike digging through the glove compartment and why wouldn't he put it back. I put my purse on the seat and opened the back door to the van. It was then when I noticed Ryan's DVD players were gone. That's when I realized someone decided to help themselves to them. I was so upset! So I went inside and called the police to make a report. Finally after 1 hour and a half (yes 1 hour and a half) the officer showed up to take a report. I told the officer these people stole my sanity. With my parents living in Ludington and Mike's parents living in Kalamazoo we travel quite a bit with the kids, so the DVD players are a lifesaver!! But what do you do, chalk it up as a loss and move on. If that's all these idiots wanted, so be it! I mean they didn't hurt my family and what they took was only materialistic. Oh, they must not have liked country music either because they didn't take any of my CD's. This right here tells you how dumb they are!!! =)


Ok, now on to the trip to the zoo (without a DVD player). We really thought we could make it without it. Boy were we wrong. Ryan kept his sister awake the whole ride. He would touch her, she would cry. He would take things from her, she would cry. He would pull her pacifier out and throw it, she would cry. Let's just say it was a long trip.


We finally made it to the zoo and had a great time. This zoo does not have many animals. I guess their big draw is the giraffes. Which was great. Ryan loves to feed the giraffes and Madison loved touching their tongues. She didn't want anything to do with feeding them. I had to feed them so she could touch their tongues!! It was so cute!!


We stayed in a hotel close to the zoo and went swimming that evening. The kids were sleeping by 8:15 and I think we were close behind. As for the DVD players, we stopped at Target before leaving Battle Creek to purchase new ones! It was a nice quiet ride home! This a highly recommended device for anyone making long trips. Just make sure your vehicle is locked at night or bring them inside.


Madison is almost as tall as this giraffe.







Ryan loved the drinking fountains. Last year he hated them....this year we had to stop and a take a drink every time we passed it!!




Ryan and the elephant.



Madison very sleepy after the LONG trip to the zoo.

The kids riding the cow!


Madison was not too sure of the petting zoo. But who really enjoys touching stinky animals!!



I think Ryan forgot that the giraffe had a big tongue! I love his expression on his face!



Ryan feeding the giraffe!



Look at that tongue!!

Madison LOVED touching the tongue!!

Look at how excited she is. She touched his touch and then turned away giggling!!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Look like you guys had a WONDERFUL time! what a great way to end the summer. and if he remembers it, Ryan can share what he saw with his NEW friends at SCHOOL!

Lisa said...

What a great time!! I was hopping to make it to the zoo this summer, but no such luck. Great pics =)