Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ryan's 1st day of preschool!






Yesterday marked a big milestone in our household. Ryan started preschool. I really don't think I would have put him in preschool this year, but he needs to get away from me and learn how to socialize with other kids. He loves to play with other kids, but sometimes just does not how to initiate play. He has been with me since day one. The only people that has ever watched him is my mom, my dad, and my brother Jason. I am very fussy about where my kids go, and I want to make sure they are well taken care of. It's just hard to let him go. I know he is growing up, but he is still my baby!
Ryan did very good at school. His first day was only an hour long and we got to stay with him. Mike took the day off of work to support me. Well, I didn't know that we got to stay with him on the first day until after Mike took the day off of work or I would have had him take Thursday off of work. Thursday is going to be a different story. It's going to be a very hard day. Before we left his school on Tuesday, Ryan and his friends were sitting on the rug listening to the teacher. Mrs. Simon was talking about the end of the day routine to the children. Then she started talking to the parents about what to do on Thursday. How we need to just drop the kids off and walk out the door and don't look back. Well, apparently Ryan thought she was telling us we could go, because he started crying right there! I felt so bad for and still have the picture of him covering his eyes and crying. It brings tears to my eyes right now! I went over to him and told him I wasn't going anywhere and he was leaving with us today. Poor kid. Like I said it's going to be rough on Thursday. Thank goodness I will have Madison to lean on!!!

Hanging up his backpack!!

He loved the science table! Making new friends!

8 comments:

Amanda: said...

Preschool already!! Wow - he's sure growing up fast! Good luck tomorrow - just remember it's a whole lot harder on mommies than on preschoolers :)

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

hey mandy - boy I am so glad that you are going through this before we are... so you can help me when it comes time! I was tearing up just reading yours (and kristin's!) blogs. I am so glad that his frist day of school went well. Tonight we just had the "goodbye" picnic for all of the calvin freshmen - and you should have seen all of the parent's crying! I guess it does not matter how old they are or what grade they are going into... just savor the next 15 years - I bet any of those parents tonight would have traded you to get that time back with their kids!
: ) good job, mom (and dad!)
give them hugs and kisses... how many more days until Disney?

Theresa said...

Mandy, you are so much stronger that you think you are! You are Ryan are both strong and like you said he NEEDS this! Just make sure when you leave, he has his back turned and doesn't see you leave at least tomorrow anyway! and then DON'T look back!

GOOC LUCK!

Lisa said...

I hope everthing went ok today. It is so hard to leave them especially when they are upset. I brought Ryleigh to her preschool orientation on Tuesday & she would'nt let me leave her side. She starts on her own next week, so we'll see how that goes. =)

jennie said...

Oh Mandy, I hope everything went perfectly today! All kids are so different and they are different every time too. One of Summer's friends cried the 1st day here too and that is 2nd grade! Hang in there, they never cry for long. Only as long as they know you are listening!

Shelly said...

you are not alone girl, all us Moms know what you feel like. My kids were always with me, I am also very picky about who takes care of them, so it just feels strange to drop them off in someone else's care, but it does get easier believe it or not, until the next one starts school anyway. I hope everything went well..

Shelly said...

hey I just realized thats my (well Kristin's) Ashley in one of your pictures

Aux Zero said...

Awww. he looked so cute with that big backpack of his. :)

bloghopping. :)