Monday, December 8, 2008

Another week gone by....

I can't believe that Christmas only a few weeks away! The time is flying by. I am still working on getting a picture for our Christmas cards. The kids are not cooperating very well! That's OK, if I can't get any good shoots, I will be sending the ones with the kids are crying. At least it will show their true frustrations of what I make them go through!

We went to see Santa yesterday at the Mall. Ryan said he was going to talk to Santa and sit on his lap. I was shocked and excited! So we made it into the mall when Ryan started walking really slow, and he didn't look so well. I stopped and asked him what was wrong, and he started to cry. (We weren't even by Santa yet) I asked him what was the matter, and he said he didn't want to see Santa! I told him he didn't have to. I was not going to force him! So we made it to Santa, of course Ryan didn't change his mind. I didn't push him and let him do what he wanted. Madison on the other hand, she is still young enough where she doesn't really know what is going on. So Madison got her picture taken with Santa, ALONE, AGAIN. She sat in Santa's Chair while Santa stood behind her. After that picture we tried one of her sitting on Santa's Lap, No go, she started to cry. But at least we got one of her with Santa. Mike made the comment to me..."Disney World is going to be so fun!" Ya know what, it is and the kids are getting their picture taken with Mickey Mouse even if they are crying...hey maybe it will make for a great Christmas Card for next year!! We have just over a month to "make" Ryan and Madison like humans who dress in costumes!! I don't think it is going to happen! Looks like I will be getting my picture taken with Mickey Mouse instead!!
I know another post WITHOUT pictures. I promise to post pictures later today...if I have the time. It seems it's going to be another long day today!!!

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Too FUnny!!! I don't think Tony will get his picture with Santa either!!(not to mention Ben!) I wouldn't have a problem with Sra or Sammy!

As for pictures...just use the one you have of the 2 of them on your blog page! or the headliner...!!! Mine isn't anything special...just wait and see...I sent them out today!

jennie said...

We were going to go to the mall today, but Summer got mad when she heard, so I think I have to wait for her to go too. Especially since shes the only one who is never afraid of the big guy. Except one year. I might have to post those annual pics...

I agree with Theresa on using the blog header pic. Or you could try to take a similar one of their backs to the camera outside or maybe looking at the tree or looking out a window(you could get a nice silluoette look).NO FLASH. Its very sweet and really captures a feeling of their tiny-ness:)

Kristin said...

I am sorry that you did not get a picture of both kids with Santa. Maybe next year...of course, Ryan will want to next year and Madison will be not be into it for a few years...it is the life of a mom!!!

Not to worry about Disney, start with "face characters" like the princesses...by day two...NO PROBLEMS...they may actually enjoy it:)!!!

As much as it drives you crazy now, these are the things you will remember forever!

Shelly said...

all of my kids did that to me at that age, I think I was in every picture with Santa holding a crying child up until last year! You are going to be so surprised at Disney they both may love all the characters.

Not your Happily Ever After said...

All of my kids have been scared silly by Santa and the Easter Bunny. After the first three kids screaming anytime they saw one of those figures I just gave up. My nine year old still thinks they are a little creepy. I still haven't figured out why.

Amanda: said...

It was just a couple of years ago that Joshua freaked out with Santa Claus and Rick had to be in the picture too, LOL. We haven't tried with Logan yet - he has never been afraid of Santa yet, but we'll see what happens this year!

Looking forward to some updated pics!!

Mya said...

Awww...they will eventually come around. I will keep my fingers crossed in hopes that happens by the time you guys go to Disney. Just keep smiling.