Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend in Review

First I would like to say that I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was great and I really enjoyed Mike having the entire week off. It kinda felt like I was on vacation too! He is so great and we LOVED spending more time with him!
We had our plans set for Thanksgiving. My family on Thanksgiving Day and Mike's family on Friday. This has always worked out great, because there is NO WAY we could do both families on Thanksgiving Day. It usually works out without hardly any complaints. We made it to my parents house on Thanksgiving morning. The kids were so excited about the "party". Madison helped my mom and I cook all day. She snacked on everything. Even though last year was her first Thanksgiving, this was her first Thanksgiving to eat. Last year she was only about 4 months old, so she really didn't eat anything. That girl can eat, and loved everything! When it came time to eat, Madison didn't want to eat anything. I didn't push her because I just thought she was full from snacking all day! Ryan didn't eat much either. I didn't push him because he is a picky eater and just let him do his thing. Well it was a couple hours later, when all the excitement began. I was cleaning up and my mom was playing with Madison, when all of sudden, I hear my name being called. I run to the living room to see Madison getting sick. My mom was holding her and she had gotten sick again. All over Grammie. I felt so bad. I grabbed Madison and ran into the bathroom. She was so scared. I gave her a bath and she was good to go. I thought she had gotten sick because she ate too much. My mom took her and laid with her in bed when again she got sick. Another bath, another change of clothes and she was good to go. In the mean time, Ryan was hanging on my leg and wanted me to hold him. I told my mom, something is not right with him. I put him down and he got sick at my feet. This is when we realized the kids had the flu. Ryan got a bath, a change of clothes and was good to go. So between 6:30 and 8, Madison had gotten sick 6 times and Ryan twice. I had no idea how we were going to get home. We decided to make a break for it...Ryan with a bucket in hand we headed home. Madison got sick once on the way home, before she fell asleep. Ryan fell asleep around the same time. We finally made it home. Got the kids in bed, I started laundry, Mike ran to Meijers for Pedilite and 7 up. Madison got sick only one more time around midnight. Poor girl!! She got the worse of it.
There was no way we were going to make it to Thanksgiving for Mike's family on Friday. We were not going to drive 2 hours there and 2 hours back with 2 sick kids. The 45 minute drive from my parents was hard enough. We needed the day to rest. Especially since I went out with the crazy people shopping Friday morning. Got most of shopping done with a few exceptions. I had a lot of fun with Theresa and My mom. I never thought I would be able to get up mom out the door at 3:45 am to go shopping, but I did! I was proud of her. She kept up with us young girls great! Even though we lost her in Meijers for about 45 minutes. She was probably looking to buy Madison more baby dolls.....I didn't know Madison needed 100 baby dolls for Christmas!! We finally found her sleeping on a bench at the front of Meijers...ok so maybe not sleeping, but that's what we accused her of! She was waiting for us, and we had no idea!! We walked around Meijers for a long time being followed by floor walkers and all!! They probably thought we looked suspicious walking around that store so many times!!
The kids are finally starting to feel better. Madison is still having "issues" but at least we don't' have to follow her around with a bucket!!

7 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

So glad the kids are feeling better. It's definitely not fun having sick little ones. I always feel so bad for them. Not much you can do except console them and comfort them.

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

I love your new blog lookout - it looks great!
I am so glad that Mike could spend the week with you and the kids, I am sure it was great to have him around.
There must have been something in the air around Thanksgiving, because Emma was sick too (on the way to Muskegon none the less) I will pray that it doesnt happen over Christmas!
Have a good week : )

Theresa said...

glad to hear everything is getting better! Thanks for letting me invite myself shopping with you and your Mom! I had a GREAT time!!! I'm sure I'll see you this week! have a great day!

Mya said...

As I was reading your blog I knew what was coming before you even typed it. I am so sorry your kiddo's were sick on Thanksgiving. Poor babies. I am glad they are feeling better now. Hopefully that does not ever happen again.
So you and Theresa are some of those crazy people that like to get up early and head out shopping on Black Friday!!! I was standing in line at Kohls at 3:25. I just kept saying this is rediculious over and over. It was fun though.

Lea said...

Man..that is terrible girl!! I SO know what that's like!! And our kids are about the same age apart, so I completely know how difficult having them sick at the same time is!!
I have to admit..I saw you and Theresa at the mall Friday. However, I was with a very crazy, busy shopper who basically refused to stop for anything. Sorry I didn't jump in front of you to say HI!

Lisa said...

Glad to hear they are both feeling better. Its so hard when they have the stomach flu. Once one gets it it seems like the others are soon to follow. At least they were doing well enough that you still got to make it out shopping! =)

Shelly said...

oh my gosh I hate it when my kids puke, last year we all got it within hours of each other, it is the worst, luckily you did not get it and I can't believe that you still managed to make it out shopping the next morning Super Mom!!