Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ryan's end of the year parent-teacher conference


On Tuesday, Mike and I had parent teacher conferences for Ryan. I was so proud of him! He did absolutely wonderful this year and has grown so much. So many people criticized me for putting him in 3 year old preschool, and I am so glad I stuck with gut and put him in. I know my child better than anyone and this was the best decision. He learned so much. He grew leaps and bounds, especially in making new friends. We started the year out with not wanting to go and ended the year with wanting to go.

He is beginning to write his name, he knows almost all the sounds of the letters to the alphabet, he can do patterns, knows his colors, I could go on and on, but don't want to bore everyone. I am so proud of this little boy. He makes me so proud to be his mom! Way to go Ryan! Can't wait to see where you go next year!!

7 comments:

jennie said...

Personally, I think you are still in the running for Mother fo The Year:)

Way to go Ryan!
he is such a cutie...

jennie said...

Opps...
I must have been thinking of the ghetto mother "fo" the year!

I meant "of"
duh.

no matter what I do, I manage to embarass myself.

Kristin said...

Either running, both ghetto or not, I think Jennie is right...so in the running for mother of the year!!!!

He is doing wonderfully. You should be very proud of him and yourself for knowing your child best!!! ALWAYS remember that!!!

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

mandy - i did not tell you this after luke's party, but I was just amazed at Ryan and how much he had grown/matured since the last time I saw him. He (and Madison!) are amazing and I was just in awe.. seriously him and Emma were like two peas in a pod... if this is the new standards for 3/4 year olds then I might be in trouble! You are a great mom and teacher and that is a huge compliment to you and Mike! he is awesome... love that little guy! I hope that I can be a good mommy like you are : )

Stefanie said...

Great job Ryan!! I'm amazed at all he has learned -- sounds like he was in a great class!

Lea said...

Girl..I'm still getting some grief from people about putting Lukas in pre-school this coming Fall. Some people keep telling me just wait until Kindergarten. But you're right - as parents, we do know what is best for our kids. KUDOS to you for raising such great kiddos!!

Jodi said...

I decided to stalk today and I'm glad I did! Don't take any criticism of putting your child into a learning environment to heart...at ANY age. I get the whole"kids need to be kids" thing but it isn't like he's getting ready for the MEAP in preschool. There is still plenty of play time. Today kindergarten isn't our kindergarten and you are preparing your son for school. Enough said. Besides, as a bonus in favor of 3 year old preschool, {you know, PRE school}your son is only benefitting from having interaction with other children. What a positive thing these days. There are so many defunct kids in the system...it is waaay too sad. {is that a real word or just mine??} I should start a FB group titled FANS OF # YEAR OLD PRESCHOOL! Maybe I will! ;)