Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Weeks Vacation

I am still recovering from last week, and it has taken me awhile to get into the mood to write anything down! Last week Mike was on vacation, and we had big plans for the whole week! The kids wanted to do Michigan's Adventure and that's all they wanted to do! We had been watching the weather and it looked like Wednesday was going to be the best day. Well, on Monday it didn't look the best. We had already called and made our reservations for a cabana in the water park, and had until Tuesday to cancel. So on Monday, I mentioned to Mike the thought of taking the kids to Kings Island, instead of going to Michigan's Adventure, when the weather was going to be crappy. The only thing in our way.......the 6 hour drive. We debated and debated. The kids usually can only make it an hour before getting restless and want out of the car. So this 6 hour trip would be pure torture! Well, we decided to do it! The only way to find out how they will do, is to do it! So I got on the Internet, booked our hotel room, bought our tickets, and we were on our way Wednesday. On Tuesday night, Mike hit Family Video and rented about 5 "new" DVDs. Lots of Dora, Diego, and the Backyardigans! I packed lots of snacks, both Leapsters, lots of books, and other toys to play with! I was ready!

Mike was so excited to meet Spongebob!


She couldn't get enough of Dora!


Madison the Dora stalker! We had to go and find her a few times!


Ryan and his best bud Diego!

We left at 7:30 in the morning for the 6 hour trip! We stopped in Kalamazoo for a potty break at Mike's parents house. Then a couple hours later found a nice park to eat lunch and let the kids play for awhile. The kids did FANTASTIC! Only one melt down by Miss Madison, and that was with about 1/2 hour to go. She was so tired, but did not want to give up! I think she thought she was going to miss something!!





We got to the hotel, unloaded and headed to dinner. After dinner we found an IKEA so we had to go shopping there! Mike really liked IKEA. Even thought we had to do the "shopping with kids" tour, he was quite impressed! I think he may even be ready to go back without the kids! We headed back to the hotel and the kids were sleeping by 8:30!
On Thursday we were heading to Kings Island. We had breakfast reservations at 9, we were eating with the characters. The breakfast SUCKED! It was awful! But I guess what we were paying for was to see Dora and Spongebob! After you have been to Disney World, NOTHING compares to what they do, so my expectations were high. Madison was in love with Dora and wanted to keep going to see her!

Ryan and Madison on the Backyardigan's swings!


They got along so well, because they didn't have to share a steering wheel!



Me and Madison on the carousel!


Mike and Madison on the Monster! Madison turned a little green, but wanted to go again!



So precious!


Ryan atop the Eiffel Tower! He loved it!

The kids had a great time at the park. The Kids area was great! We spent the whole day in the kids area. Mike and I didn't ride any of the roller coasters of anything. Man, things have changed since having kids. Before we would have been racing from roller coaster to roller coaster, this time we were running from the Backyardigans swings, to Swipers Sweeper! I wouldn't have it any other way! To see the expressions on the kids face made my day. It was priceless!


This picture says it all! These are the faces that we saw all day! I LOVE these kids!!

I haven't been to Kings Island in about 20 years. We use to go there every summer when we lived in Indiana! It sure has changed a lot! It was great to get away and have a nice mini vacation! I am glad we took the challenge with the kids, they did so GREAT and I survived to talk about it!!
***NOTE: Sorry about the pictures being all over the place! Blogger would not cooperate, and I finally gave up!***

8 comments:

hien k. d. said...

hi Mandy! what an adventure!! :) sounds like you had so much fun and love all your pics! :)

jennie said...

I too have issues with Bloggers photo situation...uggh.

Grady was going nuts for all the pics! I really know nothing about that place, but it looks great! Love the nic jr characters and rides!
You guys should start writing reviews of all the fun kid places you visit. You have some very lucky children:)

Amanda: said...

How fun! Logan has been B-E-G-G-I-N-G to go to Michigan's Adventure! We were hoping to go last week, too, but no such luck! Maybe after we're done with the Relay for Life..

Kristin said...

I am glad that everyone had a great time and everyone came back in one piece to talk about it. 6 hours is a long time in a car...even for mom and dad!!

It looks like a very fun place. Still LOVE that picture of the two of them...enter it into a contest GUARANTEED $$$!!! For IKEA...to to "damage" your spending freeze:)!

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

I totally agree with Kristin! You need to enter that picture into a contest somewhere...
I am so glad that you all had a great time... and have such wonderful pictures to share! I also like the one of you and Madison, so sweet!

Stefanie said...

Looks like you had a great time! I had no idea Kings Island had so much stuff. The smiles on the kids faces are priceless!

Mya said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a great time. That picture of the two of them at the end of your post was PRICELESS. The look on their faces was GREAT. They really enjoyed themselves and that pictures totally shows it. So happy you took on the challenge and decided to go.

Lea said...

Awesome! No idea why..but that pic of the 2 of them looking at each other brought tears to my eyes! It's SO precious!!!

I'm definitely going to have to hit King's Island soon. Tom's been there, but not me. Talk about a 6 hour ride being long...we're driving to FLORIDA in Jan!!! Yup!! You read that correctly!!! I'll be sure to blog about THAT adventure! HA!